Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Kickstarter Phenomenon!

I'm sure some of you are already aware of Kickstarter, and how it is beginning to transform how the gaming hobby is funded*.  Well I've succumbed to its' seductive charms now as well.

Partly because I found a range of purely miniatures on it with a truly old school feel to them.  Reaper miniatures in the USA are producing new models in a polymer plastic, but to the ethos of classic fantasy models of the 80's and 90's, you know, before everything became so game specific.

So in a moment of retro weakness I find myself expectantly awainting the following sometime next spring!:

This is a summary of all currently unlocked rewards included with your Vampire pledge. It includes 117 Bones Miniatures and 1 Metal Sophie.

Some will find their way into my various fantasy armies, some will find a home in my mediaevals, a few will just be painting projects (what else can I do with a robot Gorilla?!) but the variety of them is frankly exciting, and I now just have to put up with a ridiculous wait whilst the models are cast up.

Well, I did fund it with Paypal cash so it isn't like it's real money!

Still hurry up March; and I better not see any other temptations in the mean time...

*And if you haven't figured it out by now, Kickstarter allows companies to propose a product and allow customers to pay up front to fund the production; if a product is not funded you pay nothing, if it is, you get what you paid for, and quite likely more besides as an incentive.

No comments:

Post a Comment