Tuesday, August 21, 2012

20 Questions Answered...


Why it scarcely seems six months since this one came around in another guise ;-) One I started if I can be so bold!  Still it'd be nice to have a pop at someone else's questions so let's have a go.  I make no apologies for any inconsistencies to my past responses!

1.  Favourite Wargaming period and why? 

It's a repeat and it hasn't changed lately.  Though I love the Classical Ancients period and Napoleonics increasingly, WW2 is the one I've always indulged.  A childhood influence.

2.  Next period, money no object?

The Jewish Revolt - and it will happen, but if I was really going out on a limb and money was a tiresome irrelevance, 28mm Samurai of the warring clans period.  Someone else can do the painting!

3.  Favourite 5 films?

Militarily, Zulu sneaks on the list, but otherwise it'd be Clerks, Bladerunner, Castle in the Sky - Laputa, Tampopo.


4.  Favourite 5 TV series?

Mythbusters, ER, House, Big Bang Theory and Family Guy. But I would hate you to think I actually watch that much tv!

5.  Favourite book and author?

Favourite author is Douglas Coupland, who wrote Generation X, Microserfs, All Families are Psychotic and many others.  But favourite book is To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee; her one and only novel.

6.  Greatest General? Can’t count yourself!!

I'm not an expert in this area!  I'll have to plump for the Duke of Wellington

7.  Favourite Wargames rules?

Still Black Powder, though I do play more of Hail Caesar at the minute.

8.  Favourite Sport and team?

Favourite sport is snowboarding, I was pro for a little while afterall!  

That's me!

We don't have teams, that's how we roll!

9.  If you had a only use once time machine, when and where would you go?

There are so many days in my life where I'd like to make a better informed decision, it's hard to choose.

10. Last meal on Death Row?

Hmmm, propably a nice Lamb Dhansak.  Dunno really.

11. Fantasy relationship and why?

Hubba hubba:



12. If your life were a movie, who would play you?

Matthew Broderick; good luck pitching that idea...

13. Favourite Comic  Superhero?

He may not count as a Superhero, but those are rubbish anyway ;-)



14. Favourite Military quote?

"Nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won."  Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington 

15. Historical destination to visit?

Would like to make it to Jerusalem and Masada one day.

16. Biggest Wargaming regret?

Some days starting!  But probably selling my collection of Warhammer 40,000 Rogue trader models for £30 in about 1992.  Nowadays what I recall having would've been worth several thousand pounds :'(

17. Favourite Fantasy job?

I've had two already; Snowboard Guide and Club DJ, it'd be nice to add author to that list but I don't think I have the wherewithal!

18. Favourite Song Top 5?

Impossible to choose in a way, I'm a music omnivore; but here goes:


19. Favourite Wargaming Moment?

Times with good friends and lots of prettily painted toys; what else?

20. The miserable Git question, what upsets you?

Bigotry.  Racism.  Intolerance.  "Daily Mail Readers" who think these things are acceptable, and like to blame political correctness instead of their own narrow minded attitudes.

2 comments: