Thursday, October 25, 2018

15mm Austrians - Vienna Volunteers

As I warm up for starting the Bavarians, well, whilst I waited for them to arrive actually, I pulled out one of my remaining Austrian Units to get my eye in.  The Viennese Volunteers - Freiwillinger Battalions - served at Aspern-Essling as part of the advance guard of 6th Corps.

 
 
My Austrian infantry regiments are 32 models in size, representing two theoretical Battalions of 16.  At the same scale Bavarian or French regiments will be 24 models strong.  A fine size for a unit, though it wouldn't break down well into subunits.  Nevertheless, my Bavarians will nominally be in 24 man units to face 32 man Austrians units - the Black Powder rules will accommodate this simply by giving Austrian units more stamina, possible more melee ability too.

...

3 comments:

  1. Good looking unit. Basing and use of highlight colors makes them look sharp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on these volonteers, love the mass effect!

    ReplyDelete