Thursday, October 18, 2018

Yet more Terrain...


So the Mantic Terrain Crate continues to provide, but there are also things it didn't contain that I realised I didn't have, so I expediently fashioned a solution.

Firstly a couple of 28mm scale hedges from the Terrain Crate.

Stan for scale
In some ways these are the least realistic items in the Mantic terrain set, yet they are not half bad and painted up really nicely, quickly too.  It didn't seem worth basing them beyond what they already had, though I may go back and add some static grass.

As noted the set didn't contain some items, foremost a bridge.  I've just done a 15mm bridge, but didn't have a 28mm one.  However scraps from the bits box solved that problem, and the bridge below is a combination of a strip of MDF, twenty coffee stirrers, two beermats and an IKEA pencil.

Over a section of stock riverbank
This was a super quick, cheap and easy project, but I'm really pleased with the colour of the woodwork.  This will work for most periods in a rural setting across Europe and North America at least.

The terrain collection is really coming along.


....

1 comment:

  1. Nice bridge! You've given me ideas for a pontoon bridge

    ReplyDelete