Friday, November 12, 2010

Malifaux - Trick or Treat?...

October 31st, aside from being Halloween and Fiasco, was also the day one of our club had organised a tournament for the relatively new, but increasingly popular, game; Malifaux.



For those who don't know it, and I speak as a non-player here, it is a game set in a 'Weird Wild West' type setting. Blending Steampunk, Fantasy and Cowboy genres.

The game is entirely card driven and uses no dice, and I've been advised at least that the skirmish scale of it means that every model is accompanied by a wealth of special rules. That sort of thing generally puts me off, it's why I fell out of love with 40k and restrict my play of Warhammer to friendly games (not to mention the likes of Magic - The Gathering and other CCG's). However as a painting project alone, the lush models are awfully tempting:



Anyway, George was the brave chap who organised the day, and well attended it seemed too; with some 18 or 20 players.



Of particular note was some of the terrain brought by the players. A standard Malifaux battlefield is only 4x3 feet and as skirmish terrain, benefits from lots of detail. Well these boards had it:





I can't pretend to know the results of the day, or any other details, but I heartily approve of such endeavours, and it certainly seemed like a good time was had by all.


No comments:

Post a Comment