Monday, September 24, 2012

Open Fire! (Third Ed.)

I'm not a player of Flames of War, too much like Warhammer 40k in style for my tastes to actually represent WW2.  But it's a popular game system, and I am clearly a fan of Plastic historical miniatures.
Battlefront has finally gone the whole hog for it's new starter set, which misgivings about the rules aside looks pretty impressive:

Open Fire Preview


To quote their own webpage:


The Box Contains:∙ A 52 Page Full Colour Quick Start Guide. ∙ A 296 Page Full Colour Complete Rulebook. ∙ More Than 118 Finely Detailed Miniatures. ∙ V1 Flying Bomb Terrain Feature. ∙ Cardboard Terrain. ∙ Tokens. ∙ Objective Markers. ∙ Army Lists. ∙ 20 Dice.
Which for the rumoured price of $70 (So about £60?) sounds excellent.

But what really impressed me was the plastic infantry, remember these are 15mm tall, and unlike the PSC and Wargames factory 15mm WW2 these have been made from 45mm tall three-up:



Open Fire Preview

There'll be plenty more to read about this in the 300th issue of Miniature Wargames, a huge volume I had a quick preview of at the weekend.  A good hefty tome with lots to read in it, though I think the Battlefront advert for Open Fire will court controversy for some readers, and especially their wives!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one that found that advert a touch surprising.

    ReplyDelete