Saturday, March 21, 2015

Troublesome Bills

Not much modelling or painting this week, but I did finish assembling the second half of my Lion Rampant polearms unit.

L-R, Bill, William, Billy...
A little careful carving resulted in some simple 13th Century billhooks for these men to wield, and vicious looking little things they are too.  Additionally I extended the shaft of one of the spears in the set to make a standard pole, resting on the ground; then I added a sword to the fellow's left hand, producing my favourite model in this group.

Overall I think the poses are better in this second effort, more dynamic, the whole unit would be the devil to rank up were they not based on 25.5mm rounds (AKA 2p coins).  But now I must put them to one side, and get on with study for my Masters Degree.

Grumble, grumble... when I agreed to go back to university for work I thought it'd be an opportunity to get up late, watch 'This Morning' and 'Neighbours' and go clubbing on weeknights again, like it was when I was in my twenties.  Apparently not.  Weekends are presently absorbed with work.

Which this is blatant procrastination from!



1 comment:

  1. A bit of procrastinating never hurt anyone.... :-)

    Studying is soo much harder to go back to once you have been out of it for a few years!

    ReplyDelete