Monday, July 12, 2010

More terrain

Something of a back burner of a job, but I finally got it out the way. I found a pile of the GW walls and fences in a box at the club, and so took them home for some work.

Unfortunately, there turned out to be more of them than I thought and the resultant field system is well over 12 by 8 inches. Painting the thing took ages!


Still I tried to give it a good finish, the plastic walls warrant some effort as they are quite nicely done; I dread to think what they cost, but I didn't need to worry about that. The only amendment I made was to remove a hanging ball and chain which would've restricted the use of the model in historical rather than just fantasy games.


I had a go at a Moss effect on the walls, which I'm pretty pleased wit too. The Halflings give an impression of the scale of the piece. I understand terrain is more important in the new 8th edition of Warhammer so hopefully this piece will see plenty of use...

No comments:

Post a Comment