Thursday, October 24, 2019

Bavarian Additions

...
It seems sensible to combine recent output into a single post, I've come back to working on the Bavarians after a bit of a pause over the summer, when other topics diverted me.

First of all, I took an easy option, in so far as it required less figures painting, and did a couple of artillery batteries; plus a limber

I'll run two guns as a battery
The guns and crew are of course from Warrior, but the Limber is I think a Minifigs piece, one of several I picked up at a show a while ago.  It was tagged as a Prussian pack, but I'm not too much of a stickler to be concerned by that.

Latterly I just finished a Light infantry battalion and Divisional Commander:

  
This is a representation of the 1st Light Battalion; Gedoni.

 
Whilst the General is formed from a spare cavalry figure and a French General (who looks suspiciously Austrian to me) with suitable paint jobs.  Placed on an artillery sized base, so to be easily identifiable on the battlefield.

That makes for 5 infantry units, 3 cavalry, 2 artillery and 3 generals so far.  As a minimum I think I need another infantry and cavalry unit to get to an actual game, but the end of stage one is in sight...

...

4 comments: