Monday, February 16, 2015

The Great War - on Kickstarter

Two posts in one day, I must be getting back into this blogging lark.

 You may or may not be familiar with Kickstarter, or the concept of crowdfunding.  If you aren't where have you been?! It was the thing, and now it's slightly less but it is still a useful way to get in on the ground floor of new projects.  Personally since last I discussed them on here, I've received a couple of projects I funded and stumped up for several others,

Anyway, I'm not a World War One gamer, but I noticed this on there the other day and thought it may well be of interest to some readers:

The Great War, box design
Linky
The Great War prototype. Actual game board will not have white border.

Based on the Command and Colours rules system (which began as Battlecry and has since been utilised in Memoir '44 and Battlelore) by Richard Borg, the set is a partnership with the Plastic Soldier Company and will feature 15mm miniatures:


I've played a couple of the versions of C&C in the past and it is a great system - indeed I own one, but until the models are all painted I doubt it'll see the light of day - and it comes as no surprise that the game has already funded.  

So another interesting development.


No comments:

Post a Comment