Sunday, July 16, 2017

Austria again...

So far as blogging,  I'm struggling with motivation.  Part of the problem is that I'd like to write more interesting thought pieces, but I don't really want to deal with the negativity I've had from people in the past if I've had the temerity to dislike something.  It seems to me one ought to be able to express ones' point of view, but maybe I'm too sensitive to say f*** it to the inevitable backlash.  There are a lot of things in life trying to bring a brother down, without volunteering to put yourself in the line of fire, yes?

So, in the mean time.  Here's some Insurrection Hussars I did to add to my 15mm Austrians

  
 Such is the distribution of Warrior Miniatures cavalry units, I needed to add an extra commander figure to this regiment, so one of the models is a dashing cavalry captain in Bicorne.  I don't think this looks at all out of place in the unit though.

  
Scratching through the figures I still have for this project, I could add another regiment of Cuirassiers, and a battery of Horse Artillery.  But not much else; I think I may need to order a smattering more models if I get going on these again as 6 Regiments of Infantry and 5/6 of Cavalry doesn't seem quite enough.



6 comments:

  1. What's the point of having a blog if you can't express an opinion if you want to?

    I say go for it. If you can live with your own words then who cares what anyone else thinks.

    Fritz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Fritz.. if you really can't stand it turn off comments - you can smile inwardly at all the nay sayers seething because they can't nay say... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Certainly on certain forums (fora?) challenging the established view is likely to draw lots of snarky comments and I tend to take a.deep breath and keep my mouth shut. But if you can't share your thoughts on your blog, where can you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A splendid uniform and an impressive paint job, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice hussars, if you can't put what you want on your blog where can you? You can always delete anything that really bugs you!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete