Friday, March 20, 2020

What will you do with all that free time?

...
Like many others I find my commute has got a lot shorter in the last few days.  And the permitted options to get out and about rather more limited.

The new office in all its' glory
This of course means that painting and gaming will now become even more the saviours of sanity than usual.

True story...
 Still, yesterday was full day one in the new setup.  Starting work ridiculously early, I was able to knock off by 4pm, and finished up these trenchwork markers for 15-20mm:

 
A super easy job, being sandwiched foamboard, painted with two coats of thinned down filler, then progressively lighter browns - the first coat a solid finish, then three or four drybrush passes.  Finally add a little static grass to the lower front edges for effect.

These are mainly meant to indicate the front of an emplacement, and the use would be that a figure in base contact with the steep rear side would count as in a full foxhole, trench or emplacement.  The largest pieces will fit my 20mm German mortar and machine gun stands.

I also finished up some more road segments, but these are scarcely photogenic (being chopped up doormat with a little paint) so didn't make the journalistic cut.

Keep yourselves sane people.  Make things, paint things.

4 comments:

  1. My commute was (is) zero in the first instance so I'm not finding any detectable gain in the virus carry on. It seems I am in a number of the high risk virus categories so isolation is the name of the game. The only gain I can see is some additional (Saturdays) time as there are no shows to go to. I also can't invite any of the guys down so no game time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff, build a schedule though already I am wondering off the path of "Complete what's on my bench" !

    Cheers
    Matt
    French Wargame Holidays

    ReplyDelete