Tuesday, March 31, 2020

All the Time in the world.

...
Oh yes, there's no shortage of that now is there.

So I've been filling at least some of my down time with painting and modelling, as the gaming prospects are limited.  That said, we've managed to cobble together a play-over-WhatsApp version of Magic the Gathering, although a single game generally lasts about two days.  So it's faster than Monopoly at least.

Here' a few projects from the last week:

20-28mm 
Firstly I finished some more Bocage, adding a couple of open gateways and short sections using the approach posted below somewhere.  I liked them so much that I figured something similar for my 15mm models would be great.  There was still a fair amount of foliage in the pack I'd bought so I improvised up a smaller scale equivalent.

15mm 
These were super simple, some 15x80mm strips of 2mm MDF being the first stage.  I skimmed these with filler and gave it a rough texture.  Once dry the bases were painted in full, before adding the hedgerow.  the foliage was mixed through PVA in the same way as the larger Bocage, but a simple pile of it on the bases was all that was needed to represent well grown hedge five or six feet tall in scale.  The gates were simply chopped up coffee stirrers painted appropriately.

15mm
Lastly I added another unit of 15mm Ionian mercenaries to my Imagi-Nations force.  Not a fan of painting these, so I'm glad to be done with them.

Stay sane people.

...

1 comment: