Tuesday, February 08, 2022

Photodump Vol.2: Fantasy

 ....

Yes I said there was more.  Here some of it is.  I've left a couple of bits off this list, for, well, reasons.  But still, lots to show:

The Nighthaunt collection so far

Yes, I met at least one self imposed target for the year, and painted over a thousand points of spooky boys.  That said, GW also changed the rules in the year, so it's entirely possible these don't represent a legal army of any sort.  Not that it matters when to date they've only played games of Dragon Rampant!

 

 Loved painting this one

 
Then there was a little progress on the Turnip28 models.  These are slow burn thanks to being so heavily converted, and sometimes a slow paint job to boot.

Commander of the 51st Parchdale Regt.

I also worked on some Turnip-specific scenery:

 

Underneath it all is a Twiglets tube

I've done a couple of rescue jobs as well, figures with no real use other than as shelf ornaments.  I suppose the former could go easily in my Orc forces if desired.

Resin Grimgor Ironhide

1984 GW (D&D) Elf

The latter was a quick NMM practice piece, more on that below.  Next, two more characters for Blackstone Fortress:

Rein and Raus

Finally I finished the last model for a Warhammer Underworlds warband.  

Vasillac the Gifted

Another NMM (Non-Metallic Metal painting) piece, I decided to do all the Underworlds models this way as a learning exercise.  NMM is HARD, no two ways about it, but after a dozen or so models I think I'm beginning to get an idea for it.  The gold here looks pretty good, though the Iron/Steel needs a lot more practice!  This figure would also have been a lot easier to do if I hadn't glued it down immediately.

Ho hum.

Again, the Instagram (see previous post) has more pictures, including some other items that are a bit more off-topic.

Next time, some passing pictures of games...


 ....

2 comments:

  1. They all look great. That horde of ghosts looks a lot like my ghouls - ready to play and, hey let's go appear in a different game altogether!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I discovered your blog! Love your work, especially the medieval, WWII and fantasy stuff!
    Looking forward to more. :)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete