Tuesday, August 06, 2019

Some terrain oddments

...

Following a tip from Nords Saga, I picked up a roll of artificial grass from a national budget supermarket know for its' eccentric central aisle of seasonal products, 2m x 1m of essentially a dense green carpet was mine for about £8/$10.

In the raw.
Not wanting to spend quite the same amount of time on it, but wanting something quick and hard wearing, I just hit it with some green aerosol paint.  In fact this is only a 1m x 60cm section, intended for 15mm games of Rebels and Patriots:

Lighten up dude.
I think it came out pretty well, and I shall have to get around to doing the remaining larger section in a similar way.

I also received a delivery from China, that took fully 7 months to arrive.  A batch of 15mm scaled trees:

Add caption
I did these in the same way as my 28mm ready-made trees; dipping the entire model in diluted PVA glue to seal it.  Nice that they finally arrived then.  I can' be surprised though, at £4 from China I'm surprised the packet could afford to get here by any other means than hitchhiking.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment