Monday, April 01, 2019

Sir James Kempt

...
 
"Sir James Kempt (1764-1854) served as a major-general on Wellington's staff in Spain and France between 1811 and 1814 and was wounded at Badajoz. He commanded the 8th Brigade at the Battle of Quatre Bras under Sir Thomas Picton. Kempt took over the 5th Division during the Battle of Waterloo when Picton was killed in action."

National Army Museum

This is the latest of my generals for the Peninsular War, and is a combination of a Front Rank mounted commander and an old Essex Ensign I had spare.  The standard was a printed one I'd also received as part of a job lot and so it is not a precise match for any unit Kempt specifically commanded.

  
I also was able to knock up a small number of French casualty markers.  One of which we've seen before!
 
That gives me a half dozen casualty markers for each side, enough for Broken tokens in most games.

A little bit of progress is always good.

...

2 comments: