Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Barabolya Horde

Infrequently, Ogres have made an appearance in my Dogs of War army; one of the reasons they didn't appear more often has been that, I only had a unit of four, which was far from optimum.  Threes are fine as little flank Pseudo-cavalry units, but under the present version of Warhammer at least blocks of 6 or 9 are favoured.

Over the last couple of years I had accumulated enough 'new' Ogre models to form such a sized unit, and finally I've got round to painting them up:


The hardest part was to match the new models to the old ones, which were originally painted for my Orc army back when you were allowed them as mercenaries.  Matching the skintone proved easy enough, but getting the level of glaze right was a harder task.  Rather, The old models were too dark, and the new one's too light.

Still it's a big angry unit of nine now or, for Kings of War, three units of three.

And less in the painting pile.

1 comment:

  1. They look great, a very intimidating unit! I wish I could put my Vampire Counts ghouls against them...but it would probably be a pretty short fight.

    ReplyDelete